In the 20 years odd that I’ve spent in the digital space, I’ve discovered that when it comes to online marketing, and travel & tourism marketing in particular, it starts and ends with a website. So, ensuring that your website is easily found by potential customers, and perhaps even more importantly, that it’s easy for them to use, should be a top priority. An online presence is an expensive investment, to be cost effective, a digital marketing strategy needs to be geared towards maximising direct bookings.
Here are 5 main things to consider when building & marketing a website:
- Website Design & Development – something that so many website owners don’t give enough consideration, if the site isn’t easily navigated by customers, doesn’t meet Google’s standards and isn’t mobile friendly, it has very little chance of success
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – which is vital in ensuring that the website, once built, is found by potential customers
- Pay Per Click Advertising – Google Adwords is the most effective way of getting qualified customers to a website, but it needs to be done properly or it can end up costing a lot of cash for very little results
- Social Media Marketing – building a strong brand on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Instagram, Youtube, etc is absolutely essential
- Website Hosting – most website owners don’t give that much thought, but a reliable, fast and secure web host is crucial, without it, the entire website environment can be brought to a standstill